The Queensland Government has worked to strengthen its pre-qualified supplier (PQS) system that provides a central register of pre-approved registered training organisations (RTOs) for the delivery of subsidised training and assessment services.
Key Issues —
The PQS initiative aims to provide training participants with a level of assurance that their chosen RTO is able to deliver high-quality, industry-standard training that best meets their skilling and learning needs and supports employment opportunities.
Based on a performance framework for the assessment, the PQS framework links selection and monitoring of RTOs with national standards and department-specific requirements in quality management. Pre-qualification applies to all RTOs directly contracted by the department to deliver training and assessment services. On approval of PQS status, the department may permit RTOs to provide training services under a range of publicly-funded programs.
PQS Supplier Registration Requirements Include —
There are no application fees or annual registration fees directly associated with the PQS system. More information on this Queensland Government initiative is available from the link below:
- Have an active RTO registration status on or prior to 1 July 2017.
- Be registered to deliver full qualifications in Queensland under its scope of registration for the qualifications it wishes to deliver under a publicly-funded program.
- Have at least one vocational qualification on its scope of registration that is either on the Priority Skills List (if applying for Queensland VET Investment) or on the User Choice Price List (if applying for User Choice).
- Evidence of a minimum of 12 months delivery of training and assessment services in Queensland (in full qualifications) in the vocational qualification or industry area being applied for within the PQS application.
- Evidence of employer and industry support for training history in Queensland.
- Meet the department’s benchmarks for financial viability, determined through an external assessment process.
PQS Supplier Registration Information —
The Independent Tertiary Education Council Australia (ITECA) is monitoring the ongoing development of the Queensland Government’s skills procurement framework to ensure that it meets its policy objectives without placing an excessive compliance burden on the independent VET sector. The advice and guidance provided by the ITECA Queensland Branch membership has been invaluable in this task.
Member Engagement —
ITECA’s ability to play a lead role in matters associated with this issue rests on the advice and guidance of individuals serving on the ITECA Queensland Committee.
Further Information —
For more information on this issue please send an email to email@example.com or telephone 1300 421 017. Stay up to date via Twitter @ITECAust or via Facebook at www.facebook.com/ITECAust.
Disclaimer & Copyright:
The material published on this website page is intended for general information only and is not legal advice or other professional advice. It may not be reproduced without ITECA’s prior written consent.